Thursday, March 22, 2018

Space Opera ~ Vintage Season

For this week's topic, I decided to read the short story called Vintage Season, because the title of it really intrigued me. When it comes to things that this story has done that has been re-done in newer versions of 'space opera', I can name a few-- I'm not really great at listing my thoughts out in a coherent manner, so I'm going to use bullet points.

 - Time Travel: The antagonistic characters in this short story are from different periods of time in the world.
- Mysterious Disease: The blue death, which the main antagonistic characters have been inoculated with, appears as an actual threat at the end of the story when the meteor strikes the town. The main character, presumably, dies from it.
- Cross-time/Interspecies love: The main character and one of the younger time-traveling ladies sort of fall in love for a brief fling.
- Nobody Says Anything: The main antagonistic characters are extremely cryptic and won't tell anybody what, who, or where they're from.
- Advanced technology: The main antagonistic characters have a huge variety of advanced technology, like the symphony machine that shows music. The other being the EMP-like device that is used to hurt the antagonistic characters staying inside the house.

That's about all I can think of at the moment to list off for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment