Thursday, March 15, 2018

Anansi Boys - Writing Response ~

So I read through Anansi Boys, and I actually found it pretty interesting and a fun book to read, despite the first small chunk seeming a little tedious with details. The humor of the book definitely sold me over into wanting to continue reading! I really enjoyed how the myths were occasionally linked back into the ancient, old world (like when spider first tricked tiger), and then brought back into the modern world when it came to dealing with the problems again.

Another thing I really enjoyed with this book is how 'casual' the myths/mythological creatures were sort of weaved into society. Fat Charlie didn't freak out nearly hard enough at him and his "brother" basically being gods, or the ghost of Maeve just sort of casually flitting about doing her business in order to get back at that one boss that I don't remember the name of. All of these things combined sort of made the myths more believable, in a sense, to me, because they were so easily related to the modern world and were just sort of casual in their existence, not like some grand pedestal thing that was rare for mortals to ever even see.

No comments:

Post a Comment