Thursday, February 22, 2018

Harry Potter ~ Reading Response~

So for this week, I decided to read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I had seen a lot of the Harry Potter movies, and I attempted to read the first book a long time ago, but I didn't really enjoy the first one because it was a lot of world building and sort of drudgery that I didn't particularly like reading. So, since I had already seen Chamber of Secrets an obnoxious amount of times, I skipped forward to Prisoner of Azkaban.

In regards to the reading response assignment portion; I think Prisoner of Azkaban definitely tackles a moral issue of killing someone, the judicial system, betrayals, stereotyping someone based on something physical that they might be ailed with or even born with, and the aspects of heroism and cowardice. All of these themes pop up in Prisoner of Azkaban, especially between Buckbeak and Sirius. When it comes to the spiritual part, it ESPECIALLY pops up in this book with the whole Patronus spell.

I found this book incredibly enjoyable to read, as it provided some of that world building that the first book has, but with a little more action and exploration into the world that we didn't really get in the first book. I should probably finish the rest of the series, but I probably won't, due to time constraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment